Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Campaign promises compared to follow-up actions taken by the Biden Administration
(Click for external website)
Articles by/on the Biden Administration:
- Al Jazeera news on H.R. 6256: "Biden signs law banning goods made in China's Xinjiang region," 23 Dec 2021
- Spectrum News NY1.com on H.R.8 / S.529: "House passes bill aimed at combatting Islamophobia," by David Mendez, Dec. 15, 2021
- White House Press Release, "President Biden Announces Former New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu as Senior Advisor and Infrastructure Coordinator," November 14, 2021
- White House Press Release on H.R. 6304: President Joe Biden on Vaccination Requirements (Nov. 4, 2021)
- State (Vatican):The Herald Republican, "Donnelly speaks at Steuben Courthouse," by Hailee Lepley, Aug 12, 2021
- State: South China Morning Post, "Hong Kong does not warrant special US status since Beijing has slashed its autonomy, Antony Blinken reaffirms," by Owen Churchill, 1 Apr 2021
- Treasury: CNBC, "Treasury Secretary Yellen to restart hedge fund oversight panel as part of financial reform goals," by Jeff Cox, Mar 31, 2021
- DHS: Secretary Mayorkas Outlines His Vision for Cybersecurity Resilience, March 31, 2021
- DOJ: Reuters, "U.S. Attorney General launches review on hate crimes prosecutions, data collection," by Sarah N. Lynch, March 30, 2021
- State: CNN, "Blinken calls on UN Security Council to increase humanitarian access to Syria," by Jennifer Hansler, March 29, 2021
- Treasury: Financial Times, "Yellen says tax rises needed to fund Biden infrastructure plan," by James Politi, March 23, 2021
- DOD: Foreign Policy magazine, "Austin Calls for 'Responsible' End to Afghan War," by Jack Detsch, March 21, 2021
- DHS: ABC 'This Week' Transcript: Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, March 21, 2021
- NASA: SpaceNews.com, "Nelson expected to be nominated for NASA administrator," by Jeff Foust, March 18, 2021
- NASA: CNN, "Biden poised to tap former Sen. Bill Nelson to lead NASA," by Jeff Zeleny and Paul LeBlanc, March 18, 2021
- NASA: Politico.com, "Biden to tap Bill Nelson to lead NASA," by Jacqueline Feldscher, 03/18/2021
- State: Japan Forward, "U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken Set To Deliver Security Concerns to China," by Mizuki Okada, March 18, 2021
- DOD: Fox News, "Biden defense secretary warns US forces ready to 'fight tonight' after North Korea warning," by Audrey Conklin, March 18, 2021
- DHS: Statement by Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas Regarding the Situation at the Southwest Border, March 16, 2021
- Statement from Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen on the Passage of the American Rescue Plan, March 10, 2021
- Homeland Security Today, "Mayorkas: 2019 Public Charge Rule 'Not in Keeping with Our Nation's Values'," March 10, 2021
- White House Statement of Administration Policy on HR8 and HR 1446, March 8, 2021
- Statement of Administration Policy on H.R. 842: "Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2021," March 8, 2021
- DOD: USNI News (United States Naval Institute), "SECDEF Lloyd Austin's Message to the Force," March 4, 2021
- State: "A Foreign Policy for the American People," by Antony Blinken, March 3, 2021
- Statement of Administration Policy details of H.R.1/S.1: "For the People Act of 2021 ," March 1, 2021
- Statement of Administration Policy on H.R.1280: "George Floyd Justice in Policing Act", 3/1/21
- Statement of Administration Policy on ARPA/H.R. 1319: "American Rescue Plan Act," February 26, 2021
- Letter from Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen to G20 Colleagues, February 25, 2021
- DOD: Military.com blog, "SecDef Austin to Troops: If You've Seen Extremism in the Ranks, Tell Your Commander," by Stephen Losey, 23 Feb 2021
- DOD: Business Insider "Sexual abuse is a deep-rooted issue in the US military," by Sophia Ankel, Feb. 7, 2021
- DHS: Reuters, "Biden's Homeland Security czar vows to fight domestic terrorism," by Alexandra Alper, February 6, 2021
- State Department Press Statement, "Suspending and Terminating the Asylum Cooperative Agreements with the Governments El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras," February 6, 2021
- DOD: NPR: "Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Signs Military 'Stand Down' Memo to Address Extremism," by Jason Slotkin, February 6, 2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with PRC Director Yang," February 5, 2021
- DHS Readout of Secretary Mayorkas' Call with Pedro Pierluisi, Governor of Puerto Rico, February 5, 2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov," February 4, 2021
- State Department Press Statement, "Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World," February 4, 2021
- Politico.com, "Biden, in first trade move, reimposes a Trump tariff," by Doug Palmer, 02/01/2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with Indian External Affairs Minister Jaishankar," January 29, 2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with Pakistani Foreign Minister Qureshi," January 29, 2021
- State Department Press Statement, "Prioritizing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Reproductive Rights in U.S. Foreign Policy," January 28, 2021
- State: Press Release, "Secretary Blinken's First Call with Israeli Foreign Minister Ashkenazi," January 27, 2021
- Treasury: Business Insider, "Janet Yellen says 'misuse' of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is a growing problem," by Harry Robertson, 1.17.21
- DOJ: Seattle Times, "The Justice Department really needs Merrick Garland," by Noah Feldman, Jan. 8, 2021
- DOJ: Democracy Now, "Biden's AG Pick Merrick Garland Has Record of Not Holding Cops Accountable," January 08, 2021
- DOJ: Chicago Sun-Times, "Joe Biden taps Lincolnwood-raised Merrick Garland for attorney general," by Lynn Sweet, Jan 7, 2021
- DOJ: Politico.com, "Biden to tap Merrick Garland for attorney general," by Tyler Pager, Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney, 01/06/2021
- DPC: Biden transition website BuildBackBetter.gov, "Ambassador Susan Rice: Director of the Domestic Policy Council," 12/27/20
- DOE: Anchorage Press, "What Jennifer Granholm's early career decisions can teach Alaska," by Cliff Groh, Dec 23, 2020
- DOT: Syracuse Post-Standard, "Syracuse mayor says Pete Buttigieg gets how I-81 project could right past wrongs," by Teri Weaver, Dec 22, 2020
- DOT: The Hill e-zine, "Transportation nominee Buttigieg says millions of new electric vehicles needed on US roads," by Julia Manchester, 12/22/20
- DPC: NBC News, "Biden looks to Susan Rice to elevate low-profile Domestic Policy Council," by Carol E. Lee, Dec. 21, 2020
- DOE: ABC News, "Biden administration has 'most robust climate change plan ever'," by Molly Nagle, December 20, 2020
- DOE: Fox News Sunday, "Biden Cabinet pick Jennifer Granholm promoted 'pee tape,' Russian collusion claims," by Evie Fordham, December 16, 2020
- Common Dreams blog, "Bernie Sanders and Our Winter of Progressive Discontent," by Norman Solomon, December 14, 2020
- OPE: CBS News, "Biden adviser Cedric Richmond says GOP lawmakers privately acknowledge Trump lost," by Melissa Quinn, December 13, 2020
- DPC: The Guardian, "Susan Rice tapped for top domestic policy role in Biden administration," by Daniel Strauss, 10 Dec 2020
- USDA: HempGrower.com blog, "Hemp Advocates Welcome Vilsack Nomination to Run USDA," by Patrick Williams, December 9, 2020
- DPC: The Hill e-zine, "Susan Rice urges Georgia voters to help Democrats rectify America's 'near-death experience' under Trump," by Dominick Mastrangelo, 12/02/20
- The Week newsmagazine, "Marco Rubio blasts Biden White House picks for Ivy League degrees--despite Trump administration's similar credentials," November 24, 2020
- DOJ: Reason Magazine, "If Joe Biden Is Serious About Criminal Justice Reform, He Won't Pick Merrick Garland for Attorney General," by Damon Root, 11.23.2020
- State (Vatican): Indianapolis Star, "Joe Biden is a man of faith. Donald Trump, a man of falsehood," by Joe Donnelly, 8/16/20
- DOI: Florida Daily, "Michael Waltz, Deb Haaland Call on Defense Department to Close Child Care Gaps for Military Families," by Kevin Derby, 08.10.20
- The Cleveland Plain-Dealer: "Trump 'public charge' immigration rule would 'codify discrimination,' says Rep. Marcia Fudge," by Sabrina Eaton, Jan 23, 2020
- Des Moines Register: "In Iowa, Buttigieg unveils long-term care and a 'public option' 401(k)," by Nick Coltrain, Nov 25, 2019
- DOT: Military Times questionnaire: Mayor Pete Buttigieg, by Leo Shane III, November 18, 2019
- DOT: KIMT-3 News (Rochester/Austin), "Pete Buttigieg Visits Mason City Ethanol Plant, Criticizes EPA Waivers," by Mike Bunge, Nov 4, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Janet Yellen: Reestablish hedge fund oversight panel.
Janet Yellen: We could reach full employment by as soon as next year.
Joe Biden: ARPA tackles urgent public health and economic crises.
Joe Biden: Defend freedom of religion and combat Islamophobia.
Antony Blinken: Human rights are co-equal; there is no hierarchy.
Antony Blinken: Women's rights--including sexual rights--are human rights.
Merrick Garland: Improve hate crime reporting; prioritize prosecutions.
Lloyd Austin: Troops need to help stamp out extremism in the ranks.
Pete Buttigieg: Transportation decisions have hurt minority neighborhoods.
Alejandro Mayorkas: Fighting cybercrime requires international cooperation.
Joe Biden: Rebuild trust between police & people they serve.
Merrick Garland: Critic: deferential to police, lack of accountability.
Energy & Oil|
Janet Yellen: Climate change an existential threat to our environment.
Bill Nelson: Climate change, sea-level rise risk lives and property.
Lloyd Austin: We will elevate climate as a national security priority.
Antony Blinken: Work with other countries on climate; US can take lead.
Janet Yellen: Support low-income countries pursuing their climate goals.
Jennifer Granholm: Energy policy "all-in" with input from different groups.
Families & Children|
Alejandro Mayorkas: Get children to vetted sponsors while awaiting proceedings.
Antony Blinken: With Japan on checking North Korea & China aggression.
Antony Blinken: No special treatment for Hong Kong due to China's actions.
Lloyd Austin: Prioritize China as number one pacing challenge.
Lloyd Austin: Allies and partners are one of our greatest strategic assets.
Antony Blinken: Shoring up our democracy is a foreign policy imperative.
Antony Blinken: Working will allies & partners is enlightened self-interest.
Antony Blinken: We must engage China from a position of strength.
Joe Biden: Ban trade from Xinjiang; plus diplomatic boycott of Olympics.
Antony Blinken: Focus must be trade policies benefiting all Americans.
Joe Biden: Reinstate Trump's 10% tariffs on aluminum from UAE.
Merrick Garland: Faithful administration of FOIA essential to our democracy.
Joe Biden: Protect the fundamental right to vote, "For the People".
Merrick Garland: The rule of law is the foundation of our democracy.
Susan Rice: 2020 Election: Our democracy has held.
Susan Rice: Make Domestic Policy Council like National Security Council.
Joe Biden: Close loopholes in Federal gun background check system.
Joe Biden: Get more people vaccinated, or prolong coronavirus pandemic.
Antony Blinken: Don't tie access to COVID vaccines to geopolitics.
Lloyd Austin: COVID: greatest proximate challenge to national security.
Antony Blinken: COVID: Ensure that a crisis like this won't happen again.
Janet Yellen: IMF & World Bank must help poor countries recover from COVID.
Alejandro Mayorkas: Domestic violent extremism greatest terrorism-related threat.
Lloyd Austin: Ready to respond to threats, imposing costs where necessary.
Lloyd Austin: Build diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
Antony Blinken: Diplomacy--not military action--will always come first.
Alejandro Mayorkas: Restarting & expanding the Central American Minors program.
Antony Blinken: Work to create a humane and effective immigration system.
Joe Biden: Strengthen union organizing rules; increase 6% unionization.
Lloyd Austin: New opportunities for advancement for defense workforce.
Antony Blinken: Build a diverse national security workforce.
Principles & Values|
Bill Nelson: One of the rare civilians who has traveled to space.
Bill Nelson: Encouraged human spaceflight including mission to Mars.
Bill Nelson: Leader of NASA should not be political.
Merrick Garland: DOJ building a monument to ideal of justice.
Merrick Garland: We're united by commitment to rule of law & equal justice.
Antony Blinken: American leadership and engagement matter.
Antony Blinken: At our best US is a country with integrity and a heart.
Antony Blinken: Bring nonpartisanship back to our foreign policy.
Susan Rice: Well-honed interagency process and crisis management skills.
Jennifer Granholm: Aspired to be an actress; appeared on The Dating Game.
Jennifer Granholm: Was first female governor 15 years after moving to Michigan.
Pete Buttigieg: Can't keep letting infrastructure week be a punch line.
Susan Rice: Father Federal Reserve governor; mother crafted Pell Grants.
Jennifer Granholm: Supported investigation over Russian collusion.
Bernie Sanders: Progressives deserve important seats in Biden administration.
Marco Rubio: Ivy League degrees make caretakers of decline.
Janet Yellen: Tax increases necessary to fund infrastructure, clean energy.
Alejandro Mayorkas: Cybersecurity needs government/private sector partnership.
Bill Nelson: Cutting NASA budget could cause US to fall behind in space.
Janet Yellen: Invest in helping people adapt to increasingly digital world.
Janet Yellen: Cryptocurrencies used by drug traffickers, terrorists.
Pete Buttigieg: Put millions of new electric vehicles on America's roads.
War & Peace|
Lloyd Austin: Wants to see a responsible end to US in Afghanistan.
Lloyd Austin: US forces ready to "fight tonight" against North Korea.
Merrick Garland: Judicial deference to wartime executive power.
Welfare & Poverty|
Antony Blinken: Reopen desperately needed humanitarian access to Syria.
Alejandro Mayorkas: US will no longer defend 2019 "public charge rule".
The above quotations are from Campaign promises compared to follow-up actions taken by the Biden Administration.
Error processing SSI file