Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Obama Cabinet members actions and issues
(Click for external website)
Articles by/on Obama Cabinet members:
- DOJ: 19th News blog: "Eric Holder on the gendered impact of voter suppression," by Errin Haines, October 26, 2020
- USDA: Technical420.com blog, "Cannabis Industry Receives Support from Clinton and Agriculture Secretary Vilsack," by Michael Berger, Jun 11, 2015
- USDA: Statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on the Proposed FY 2013 Budget, February 13, 2012
- USDA: National Press Club Luncheon with Governor Tom Vilsack, February 28, 2006
- (more citations to follow...)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Julian Castro: Too-tight credit market hurts minority home ownership.
Rahm Emanuel: Economy was in freefall in 2008; we're still recovering.
Eric Holder: GOP voter suppression impacts African American women.
Tom Vilsack: Resolved all USDA discrimination lawsuits.
Susan Rice: Under Obama LGBT employees treated same as co-workers.
Thomas Perez: Make good on opportunity for people with disabilities.
Thomas Perez: Expand opportunity for marginalized communities.
Thomas Perez: Women still earn 77 cents on the dollar compared to men.
Arne Duncan: Same-sex couples should be legally allowed to marry.
Tom Vilsack: 2011: Gay marriage at state level only, for now.
Tom Vilsack: Religion is important, but no one religion should dominate.
Susan Rice: Admitted to past drug use, none since 1990.
Tom Vilsack: $51.4 million for opioid abuse clinics in rural communities.
Tom Vilsack: Cannabis one of the most valuable commodities in agriculture.
Hilda Solis: $500M for businesses partnerships at community colleges.
Arne Duncan: Engage innovation community with early learning community.
Kathleen Sebelius: Engage innovation community with early learning community.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Vilsack: Bio-based energy for greater independence and flexibility.
Susan Rice: Failed to take climate change seriously, now making efforts.
Steven Chu: Increase Efficiency and Conservation of Energy.
Steven Chu: Coal is my worst nightmare.
Steven Chu: Nuclear waste issues are still not fully resolved.
Julian Castro: At HUD: $1 billion National Disaster Resilience Competition.
Julian Castro: More funding for lead-safe regulations in low-income housing.
Thomas Perez: Coal dust: Shouldn't sacrifice your life for your livelihood.
Kathleen Sebelius: Environmental justice strategy: protect polluted communities.
Families & Children|
Tom Vilsack: Born into an orphanage and adopted in 1951.
Thomas Perez: Expand access to paid leave & overtime protections.
Thomas Perez: US Is only industrialized nation without paid family leave.
Thomas Perez: Focus on reducing child labor internationally.
Hillary Clinton: Work toward Arab Spring not being hijacked by extremists.
Hillary Clinton: 1% of budget on foreign aid maintains our global leadership.
Susan Rice: China is US's most consequential international relationship.
Tom Vilsack: Government negotiations facilitate favorable trade.
Tom Vilsack: No more cherished right than the right to vote.
Thomas Perez: ObamaCare is an important part of anti-poverty efforts.
Susan Rice: Diversity is America's strength, including national security.
Thomas Perez: DOL helped reduce veteran unemployment from 8.7% to 4.3%.
Hillary Clinton: We responded to Benghazi immediately, and for the long run.
Chuck Hagel: Supports the full repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Chuck Hagel: Hezbollah & Hamas are terrorists; Israeli self-defense ok.
Chuck Hagel: Regrets using the term "Jewish lobby" for pro-Israel groups.
Tom Vilsack: Boost production of aviation biofuels for military use.
Janet Napolitano: Deferring DREAMer deportations about priorities, not policy.
Thomas Perez: Fixing broken system brings 11M workers out of shadows.
Thomas Perez: Long-overdue increase in the minimum wage, and index it.
Thomas Perez: Include homecare workers in minimum wage & overtime laws.
Thomas Perez: Full-time minimum wage workers should not live in poverty.
Principles & Values|
Thomas Perez: First Latino elected to the Montgomery County Council.
Tom Vilsack: Surprised young people don't think US is greatest nation.
Thomas Perez: Can't cling to defined benefit mentality in modern world.
Tom Vilsack: Bio-based products reduce rural American unemployment.
Hillary Clinton: PIPA: When information is stifled, Internet is diminished.
Hillary Clinton: WikiLeaks tears at fabric of government.
War & Peace|
Hillary Clinton: Policy of prevention, not containment, on Iranian nukes.
Chuck Hagel: Keep options beyond containment for Iran.
Hillary Clinton: Agrees with Newt Gingrich that Iraq policy is a mess.
Welfare & Poverty|
Julian Castro: ConnectHome: make HUD the Department of Opportunity.
Thomas Perez: War on Poverty has reduced poor from 30% to 13%.
The above quotations are from Obama Cabinet members actions and issues.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President Joe Biden
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden
- Biden Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris
- President Donald Trump
- Crippled America, by Donald Trump
- Trump Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton On the Issues
- President Barack Obama
- Decision Points, by Barack Obama
- Obama Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney On the Issues
- President George W. Bush
- Bush Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- A Charge to Keep, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Clinton Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- Abortion and the Conscience of a Nation, by Pres. Ronald Reagan
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- A Time to Heal: The Autobiography of Gerald R. Ford
- President Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- The Watergate Transcripts, by The Washington Post
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Passage of Power, by Robert Caro
- Taking Charge: The Johnson White House Tapes, by Michael Beschloss
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- Kennedy & Nixon, by Chris Matthews
- 1000 Days, by Arthur Schlesinger
- 13 Days, by Robert F. Kennedy
- President Dwight Eisenhower
- Waging Peace, by Dwight Eisenhower
- Ike and Dick, by Jeffrey Frank
- President Harry Truman
- Plain Speaking, by Merle Miller
- Wit & Wisdom of Harry Truman, by Ralph Keyes